Saturday, May 19, 2012

Polishing, Polisher, Polished

This is my friend Sam's Christmas board, the woodrum fish. He just sent me this picture and it's fitting because I have been thinking a lot about polishing recently. The series of events that have landed me as owner of Fatty Fiberglass all revolve around polishing. The short version of the story is Leslie Anderson hate polishing so she contacted me to see if I wanted to help her. I moved from North Carolina back to my home town in California to polish for Leslie and apprentice to local shaper Paul Kraus. I learned to polish and in no time Les was teaching me the ends and outs of the whole glassing process. Next thing I know she is handing me the keys to the place and I am the owner, crazy. Polishing is not my favorite thing to do but I am glad it is part of the process. Well, I'm off to polish, Jake  

No comments:

Post a Comment